PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Continent Benefits & Differentiation (or Why should I fight on Hossin?)
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-19, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Treerat
Private

Re: Continent Benefits & Differentiation (or Why should I fight on Hossin?)

I can agree with just about all of this (even if you're the stinking NC who made Emerald VS miserable with the A.S.S.). Granted people will always favor some continents over others (personally I loathed Ishundar), but having tangible (versus strategic) reasons to fight on each one does help pull those without strong attachments to fight other places besides "where everyone else is".

A few suggestions to add to the mix.

Control of certain continents could allow more efficient usage of resources. For example, if control (ie holding the most territory) of Amerish reduced the cost of Auraximum needed to upgrade each tank by 1 unit and domination (51% of total territory) further reduced the amount of Auraxium needed, that would be incentive for a tank-loving outfit to work to maintain a strong presence for it's empire on Amerish. If the benefit applied globally as well the under-manned side could chose to concentrate it's efforts on holding those locations that would allow them to stretch their existing supplies longer and thus possible outlast the "seige".

Put specific facilities on certain continents that provide specific benefits. In the manner that Lodestars and Galaxies could only be made at dropship centers, these particular facilities could also enhance the amount of a particular type of resource extracted from that continent or further reduce the amount of that material needed or used to carry out upgrades. There could even be "exchange" facilities where those with an abundance of one resource and desperately short of another (say due to the dominate empire making a concerted drive to control all territories producing it) could trade what they had in abundance for a smaller amount of what they needed.

Last edited by Treerat; 2011-07-19 at 04:43 PM.