PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - It is as i feared... no deploy zones.
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-10, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dragonskin
Major

Re: It is as i feared... no deploy zones.

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
The tunnels are already useful. I just wish there was a way to get back in them.

The 2nd (2nd? the one that leads to a shed outside of the middle bay) exit in Tech Plants is DAMN good to use. It was always un-watched by attackers and almost no one watched the middle bay. You could back attack either the vehicle bay campers or rear door campers, even could just ignore them both and go for the point.

But for Amp Stations I want to get back in the tunnels so damn bad. Gen to gen and then pop up in the SCU room. Thought would make defending easy if defenders could get to key points fast from each other.
This is the point of the no deploy zones. They created tunnels so that we could defend better, but no one really uses them because it was easier to get a sunderer to the center and just spawn there to move out. This worked too well for defenders and once attackers could get a sunderer to the center it was game over for the base... in most cases.

Now attackers will have to come from the outside and go in. Defenders can spawn and use tunnels to move around the base far faster than attackers.

Attackers will actually have to work to break the lines and then spread out to stop defenders from using the tunnels instead of just camping the spawn room.

Overall I think it will make defending easier which I think is something the game needs and it will spread out the combat so it's not so much a spawn camp fest.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-07-10 at 03:01 PM.