PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Br20^
Thread: Br20^
View Single Post
Old 2003-08-09, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Pyrrus
Private

Some argue that allowing us to have all the certs would create more solo players. I would tend to disagree. I think it would help open up the squads flexiablity. I have never done the calcs to see what level a person would have to be to have all the certs but why not let us have them all if we earn them. As you approach level 20 the experience curve grows exponentially. Can you imagine how hard it would be to get to level 35. A lot of the people that played this game were students out for summer vacation. So there should be a lot of level 20's running around about now. If the cap was raised to allow for all the certs it may take many till christmas to reach the ceiling. Just in time for the release of EQ2 and maybe PS expansions. As it is now I'm seeing players leave out of boredom. The challenge is no longer there for them.

I was fortuante enough to have been chosen back in the exclusive beta days. We all started out as level 20, no 24 hour timers and I had a blast. It would be nice to have that type of structure put back into the game. I don't think balance would become an issue as long as the developers maintain their current checks on the weapon systems. Remember when the liberator was introduced. Seemed like every other person out there had to try it. The answer to that was people also recerted into reavors and ai weapons. As the liberator novelity wore off so did the aa maxs, weapons and number of reavors in the sky. This game has a fairly nice system of maintaining an even playing field. So I say let us have all the certs. Were here to have fun.

Let the games begin,
Pyrrus