PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What a PS2 Tech Plant could have looked like
View Single Post
Old 2015-01-24, 05:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: What a PS2 Tech Plant could have looked like

Originally Posted by Carbon Copied View Post
Mind if I tweeted the thread to XanderClauss Figment? Who knows when Koltyr is off his to do list..
I just tweeted back and forth a bit with him regarding Koltyr and PS2 outpost design in general:

HanSime ‏@HansKappers 22 jan.
@XanderClauss @PS2BillYeatts
Many base walls can be described as "blinding fences": why not walls with battlements? You can't defend these.
HanSime ‏@HansKappers 22 jan.
Just saying: walls without battlements blind defense + lets assailants approach in safety + enter with jetpacks
Xander Clauss ‏@XanderClauss 22 jan.
@HansKappers @PS2BillYeatts
whoever owns the base has the high ground of the tower already
HanSime ‏@HansKappers 23 jan.
Doesn't guarantee views, poor cover, distant, can be HEshell camped: Manned walls are a much better defense. :x
Xander Clauss ‏@XanderClauss 23 jan.
@HansKappers @PS2BillYeatts
it *can*, yeah. I'm expecting the low pop caps to mitigate that, plus there's the top level of the tower
HanSime ‏@HansKappers 23 jan.
Tower is the last line of defense. Once you defend there, you lost the perimeter/approach. Need defensive rings
Basically it would appear we disagree:

- He has faith in TDM design (tower death match) as a defense

- I feel these walls funnel defenders and only block (and cover) routes for non-jetpack assailants without being a direct threat to them, making assault easier, rather than harder since you can walk around the walls in safety (defensive jetpackers aren't as much of a threat as offensive ones IMO).

Btw, some of those new roofcover art assets might prove useful for defenders. We'll see. Some might be used by attackers when used to create tunnels.

Last edited by Figment; 2015-01-24 at 05:14 AM.