PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What a PS2 Tech Plant could have looked like
View Single Post
Old 2015-01-24, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Re: What a PS2 Tech Plant could have looked like

@Figment
I can see what he's saying in with regards to Koltyr specifically; however with live pops there's clearly a needed change in thinking as the bases are played changes too much.
I think some of the outposts have their place as they are and can afford to be abit leaky, I guess you could call these TDM arenas they work for the quick and dirty skirmishes (variety, spice of life and all that jazz). For me the problem with base design mantra in general is that this is applied to nearly all bases throughout and essentially try to be de_dust "both teams, x time to the bomb site".

Towers mostly just suck and apart from being too small for the numbers that crawl over them, the lack of "getting there" like you say lacks layers or if they do have layers you're either in the tower in order to defend or stuck on the ground in a shooting gallery without any medium between (the ascent with the "dm_morpheus stlye bouncing around like a complete twat on choke points"). Similar is the case when it comes to the lack of layers around main centre pieces (tech/bio/amp). What's even MORE annoying is a distinct lack of trying something different outside of trying to shift a few props and hope it fixes itself (Ikanam) or putting up security fences (many Esamir bases).

Anyway that aside... when are the tech plant adjustments going in?

Last edited by Carbon Copied; 2015-01-24 at 10:24 AM.