PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [Merged] Planetside 2 & TrackIR
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-14, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Kaotc
Corporal

Re: TRACK IR??

Originally Posted by HoovesMcG View Post
natural point makes its money by selling units. And the more games have it the more units they sell. And your point makes zero sense. You say youd rather have SOE develop there own PC version of move and then sell it for planetside when there is a perfect solution out there that only requires about 3 lines of code to implement? You sir have zero idea what the hell you are talking about.
I did not say I personally would rather SOE developed it, i think you should re-read my post?

my point being:

SOE have the technology in house(and by in house, i mean within the Sony group of companies), what business their right mind would pay someone else to licence technology from, when if they REALLY wanted to, they could do it themselves with not a lot of effort?

I mean they made a ground up new graphics engine for the game, rather than pay Epic(or someone else) for the new Unreal Engine....

You sir, have zero idea if you think Natural Point will just give SOE their code for nothing just because they would have an opportunity of selling more gaming rigs