PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Daybreak Games Hit With Layoffs, Matt Higby resigns
View Single Post
Old 2015-03-05, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Re: Daybreak Games Hit With Layoffs, Matt Higby resigns

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
PS2 may have persistence but it is being played like a deathmatch. What does persistence profit us when it isn't being used?
Can't disagree with you there but the fact is all their code is written to tightly integrate into a specific environment. I think it would be interesting to see if they could or would create a game server and make each hex region an independent instance. Kinda like BF but with broader implications on continent and world consequences. I think it would be interesting to see the public's reception of such an environment.

They don't have very many players in the PS4 version and already players are complaining about frame rates when in large battles. From what I have been reading these "large" battles aren't close to what the PC sees so I don't know how this is going to turn out. Maybe this hex instancing model would work better for consoles but it would redefine the gameplay substantially.