PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 7.1 Surround Sound and other features
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-31, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Re: 7.1 Surround Sound and other features

This is exactly what I mean about a 'head movement' feature, many aircraft get target fixation and tunnel vision, I've even been playing with friends and specifically tell them not to attack an enemy due to the volume of anti-air yet they do it anyway because they can't see the Triple-A in their tunnel field of vision so they instantly think that I must be seeing things as their target fixation makes them desperate to get a kill. It's the same with many pilots, especially in the old days before people learnt the ropes, full galaxies would just fixate on their drop target and ignore aircraft off to the flanks because the centre of their vision was on the base roof.

With the ability to turn your head you can look around to see enemy targets, vapor trails from rockets and incoming tracer fire. This would be INCREDIBLY useful at nighttime when you would have to rely on spottitng muzzle flash or tracer fire to avoid getting swatted, I use it all the time in ARMA 2 and the number of times that being able to look around as allowed be to see the backblast from a Strela or Tunguska launch or an enemy AAA vehicle has saved my life is massive.