PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Questions about Lightning tanks
View Single Post
Old 2003-04-20, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Shadowsword8
Contributor
Corporal

Questions about Lightning tanks

Hello everyone.

I'm considering using mainy 2 vehicles at the beginning of the game, the Lightning and the Reaver. I already have a good idea of what a Reaver can do (thanks to Miir's videos), but I have several questions concerning the light tank.

1/The AI and AA weapon of the Lightning is a 12mm rotatry chaingun, like the Basilisk. Is this weapon effective? Can a Lightning hold his own against, for example, a grunt in reinforced armor with AV weapon?

2/ Against a MAX, what is the more effective weapon, the chiangun or the canon?

3/ I know a lone Lighning would be dead meat for a Vanguard or a Prowler, but I hope a Lighning is at least able to hunt effectively an heavy buggy... Am I wrong?

4/ Can a Lightning be transported by a Galaxy?

5/ a vehicle seems to be a good idea in the beginning of the game, because it bring you where the enemy is in a short time, and give you a good resistance and firepower. So it should be good to gain experience in a short time. Is it a good idea to use the lv 1 et 2 certifications points (3+1) to take a Lightning/Reaver license? (Note that I plan to be later pilot or gunner of a main battle tank, or member of a squad)

Thanks for the answers...
Surely you, but never I.