PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Associated Press Luncheon Speech
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-05, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

Re: Associated Press Luncheon Speech

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
They could have passed anything they wanted with that majority. They didn't even try. Why? Because anything they passed would be squarely blamed on them. They wanted Republican votes so they can claim it was bipartisan and avoid having it blowback on them.
No they couldnt. They would need 60 votes to override a filibuster. Obamacare ended up pass w/o a single GOP vote (after reconciliation).

You realize that Obama & Congress had MONTHs to get a budget passed, which it is required by law to have been done. They intentionally delayed it so they could force the ceiling raise.

They had plenty of options - cut the f'ing spending. And balance the f'ing budget. They had many months to do it. They refused.

I dunno about you, but I don't live beyond my means, and nor should the government. It's a wound left to fester and get far worse than it needs to be.
The 2011 United States federal budget is the United States federal budget to fund government operations for the fiscal year 2011, which is October 2010 – September 2011. The budget is the subject of a spending request by President Barack Obama.[3][4] The actual appropriations for Fiscal Year 2011 had to be authorized by the full Congress before it could take effect, according to the United States budget process.
The budget did not pass by the September 30 deadline, and the government was funded by a series of seven continuing resolutions continuing funding at or near 2010 levels. The budget negotiations culminated in early April 2011, with a tense legislative standoff leading to speculation that the nation would face its first government shutdown since 1995. However, a deal containing $38.5 billion in cuts from 2010 funding levels was reached with just hours remaining before the deadline. The 2011 budget was enacted on April 15, 2011, as Public Law 112-10, the Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011

So they voted for the budget, but when it was time to fund it the GOP pulls a bullshit stunt that lowers the US credit rating.

lol, they've gone UP since the law passed. There's nothing in that law that lowers them. But thankfully it's going to get struck down by the high court and we will see premiums go down because of it.
Yet the law doesnt go into full effect until 2014.

You understand that by requiring everyone to have insurance, you increase the pool and lower premiums? Right now, if someone w/o insurance gets treatment (such as expensive ER treatment) the provider has to raise costs on everyone else to cover it, thus raising premiums. Not to mention that if everyone has insurance, they're more likely to go to the doctor more regularly, which is much cheaper than going to the ER when a problem is major.

t IS that simple. According to liberals all of those prisoners are being held illegally.

Return them to their country. Oh wait, that would destroy career and legacy if even one of them were to go on to commit another terrorist act against the US.

And putting them in US prisons would piss off every state. So what is he to do? The smart thing for him to do is nothing because every outcome is bad for him. He's a smart politician, so he's doing nothing and he'll weather the storm of criticism over it. That is the path of least political damage.
And why would putting them in a US prison be such a bad idea? Why are my fellow Americans such pussies that they cant handle a supposed terrorist locked up in a US prison? Why is public opinion such against this move that no state will take them?
Encouraging people to pass legislation without reading it? Just how retarded do you have to be to say something like that? What's more stunning is that she got re-elected. Her voters are even stupider than she is.
Re-read the quote. She was explaining that the bill was being so obfuscated, that by passing it people would be able to read exactly what was being proposed. Tell me, what happens after the house approves a bill?