PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lasher Redesign
Thread: Lasher Redesign
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-24, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dragonskin
Major

Re: Lasher Redesign

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
my concern with the actual weapons is not only that they look all the same, but that they also behave all the same. just with some stats shifted around.

the fun thing about the ps1 weapons was, that the es weapons were unique.

the minigun was the only real hitscanner, the jackhammer was the only close quarters one hit killer and the lasher had this cool namegiving effect of lashing chaindamage jumping from target to target.

all we have now is a minigun that is just a machine gun like the hundrets of machine guns we already have, the lasher is just another normal laser gun like all the other vs guns, and the jackhammer is just another shotgun in a range of lots of shotguns.

nothing special about those weapons. so why bother with a unique look for them?
The lasher is unique. It fires energy disco balls that light up surroundings at night.. which is fairly useful for tracking targets at night even without a IRNV. It also has an AOE effect that will hit anything in it's path even if the ball itself doesn't directly hit anything. Then the ball itself deals direct damage as well as AOE damage to the target it hits. Not to meantion the gun itself has animations with moving parts. It opens up when you fire and reload like some kind of transformer with a bunch of lights inside.

The minigun feels like a minigun to me. Not sure that it really needs to change now functionally. It sounds better to me now. The digital read out appears to be broken..... it could look more like a minigun.. but overall it's pretty much what you would expect from a minigun looks aside.

The Jackhammer looks "ok" I guess. I'm not a fan of any of the shotgun models in this game, but the Jackhammer at least stands out compared to the others. It's better now after the patch and you can tell it stands out more functionally. No other shotgun can do what the jackhammer can. X3 burst is just nuts now in CQC.

So I don't agree with you when you say these heavy weapons don't stand out.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-06-24 at 10:45 AM.