PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: For EU Players: Win a trip to SOE Live
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-06, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: For EU Players: Win a trip to SOE Live

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I take it no winner has been announced yet?
They are checking the thing carefully.

Honestly, it was a failure of a match.

1. the Biolab. say what you want, this thing should have been neutal / SCU down. That NC owned it did help them a lot. Several times I got a Deci in a scatmax just to see it run into the spawn room. The auto HP regen also did help them. Biggest problem however was the extreme Close quaters nature of a Bio, it was lethal for every non scatmax. And there were loads of Scatmaxes around.

2. The winning condition. Biggest problem really, not much else possible however as there is little else you can accuratly track to find a winner. Naturally, every player should have fought for himself. However, there were teams on both TR and NC side, pretty much max + engi. Also, penty of VS had the brilliant idea to constantly accept revives.
This is cheating, nothign else. Teaming up with your enemy, even tho he is your faction, to give one person a hand at winning, is cheating. This is not how you can build a competition.

3. The Camera guys. What the fuck really? At one point, some dude was flying in my face, visible. I spotted him, looked right at him, and then got shot in the back. How the bloddy fuck can you NOT be invisible for this?
Folks who watched the stream told me that the camera dudes also managed to block people in doorways etc, preventing them from fleeing a room. No idea if thats true, didnt watch the recording yet.

4. The rules. What rules? They were messy, not known by everyone, and even if know, balantly broken. It was said to stay away from the enemy outposts, yet there were NC at both TR and VS enemy outposts.
Is teaming up actually allowed, even tho it screws completly with the nature of the match (Team deathmatch, thats what it was, nothing else)?
Another screwup was at the beginning. People were teleported over to the biolab, but there was no clear communication that this was about to happen, and that we should remain inside our spawn room till it starts. There were VS running around inside the bio before it started. on TR side, some dude already placed a sunderer before it started.
There was a NC that was BR4 or 5 BEFORE the thing even started. He propably farmed XP in the warpgate by engi ammo pack.

We do belive that Steveo won for TR, and Artorius won for VS. No idea about NC.
Both Steveo and Artorius played sneaky, using LA and Infil to get the drop on people. Propably the best thing to do against the scatmax spam.

In my eyes, the whole thing should be redone. It simply wasnt a fair competition in any way, shape or form. But there would need to be some serious rework on many aspects. However, SOE live is approaching, and there simply is no time.

Guess we take it as it is, a failure, and learn for the future:

1. No TDM, EVER again. Whatever the winning conditions are, they need to encourage Teamwork, not force you to abadon it.
2. make the rules CRYSTAL clear. Any kind of bullshit needs to result in a direct ban from the match. No fucking about, no warnings, just ban. Thats the only way to actually get a fair match going.
3. Dont interact with the match itself. If i ever see another camera guy, im going to fly over to that dudes place and punch him in the face. The whole thing seriously screwed things over.
4. provide an even playing field. Biolabs are extreme Close quarters, greatly being in favor for NC shotguns. While the JackHammer is less of a problem, the Scatmax is. I actually went against a scatmax with my dual Nebulas, and lost greatly (10+ meters distance), simply because of the insane damage output of those things. But there was little else i could do given the massive amounts of retreating points, and the little distance between me and him. I just couldnt build more distance.

Gonna watch the thing now...