PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Heavy Cloaker Revamped
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-11, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Heavy Cloaker Revamped

Like others have said we do not know what cloakers will have, but that will not stop us from speculating of course. A cloaker in PS if having combat engineering in my opinion used it often for spec ops with boomers for blowing tactical targets and not for the spits/mines. I think the devs do see that and hopefully will add in a heavy explosive specifically for cloakers allowing them to continue doing spec ops. I will say that is one area besides hacking cloakers often excelled in. Be shame for that to go away due to not having boomers anymore. With hacking gone I bet there is going to have be more cloaker abilities. Lets not forget there is a skill tree just for cloakers who knows what kind of weapons to gadgets you guys will be able to make use of.

This just came to me when I was typing out this post. The devs are talking about having customization for everything from how tanks are driven to weapon mechanics. Maybe they will go as far to add a trade off in the actual cloaker suit. From adding on armor plates to take less damage, but that will slow you down while being more visible. There is hit boxes in the game, so we could go as far to say there could be specific pieces a cloaker could put on from their chest to shins to take less damage. This probably is OP in some regard of course though. Not saying I want in game either as it just example of what possibly could be in there for cloakers.