PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Theory: How Resources Are Distributed Based on GDC Footage
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
PlaceboCyanide
Staff Sergeant

Re: Theory: How Resources Are Distributed Based on GDC Footage

( I got an invalid link message, fyi )

It would be awesome if we could get more info on this game mechanic, because just about everything will be a shot in the dark. That being said... Judging from some of the numbers on the map, they might still be working out this system. Each "cluster" of hexes gave the exact same amount as well regardless of how many hexes that territory was comprised of. At face value it appears 5 hex territories and 2 hex territories are equal value from that map.
60 Red
84 Yellow

Originally Posted by Bluecewe View Post
I would at least expect there to be some sort of barrier to being given resources without actually doing anything. I would hope that a player would need to get involved with a mission and then be rewarded a fair distribution.
I hear what you're saying but just because a person isn't in the thick of it doesn't mean they aren't helping the war effort:
- Engineers staying behind to repair bases and/or vehicles.
- Pilots guarding their deployed galaxy and avoiding direct fight enabling teammates to spawn
- Cloaker avoiding combat in order to relay intel.

Assuming that the resource gain offline and online are not identical I do think some effort should be spent to prevent people from resource sponging and just going afk in a base. Auto-logout after 5-10 minutes of inactivity or something of the sort.

Last edited by PlaceboCyanide; 2012-04-20 at 07:48 AM.