PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Theory: How Resources Are Distributed Based on GDC Footage
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-20, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Theory: How Resources Are Distributed Based on GDC Footage

One of the questions Higby answered about resources indicated that there are different yields for resources. So the reason you see differences in the number of territories and the amount is that some territories are worth more than others.

The blue resources was the currency with the "planetside logo" on it and I was wondering how that got accumulated since I saw no territories with it. That also appeared to be the currency in the shop, so that one accumulates much more slowly and makes sense becuase it may not be used for normal everyday stuff. The other three represent Infantry, Ground vehicles, and Air vehicles I believe, but it is different for each empire exactly what type a given resource is used for.

Resources were also described as a dividend of owned territories and indicated that it changes based on population. So high population might have fewer resources to go around. Not sure if the population indicator is absolute population or relative population. I think relative makes more sense and is easier to balance but its anyone's guess.