PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Trayvon Martin
Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #436
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
I need you to understand that I am not trolling you or being facetious when I warn you that suggesting that wearing a hoodie and being tall made him "suspicious" is coming dangerously close to the irresponsible thinking that blames rape victims for dressing like "sluts" and alluding, obliquely, that they deserved it, or are somehow responsible for what happened to him.
Wait, where did I say that he deserved to be shot? I'm pretty sure Trayvon did not deserve to be shot, at all, which is why I agree with you on the point that Zimmerman should be charged with Manslaughter. I just feel there are way too many people calling "RACIST" when there is no proof and are creating racial tension where little or no tension existed before.

I was trying to point out that it was much more likely that the fact that a man was walking around with his hood up at night in a neighborhood that was known to have robberies previously is much more plausible then Zimmerman saying "The color of his skin is black, he must be up to no good!!!".

Doesn't make any of his actions right, I agree that if people minded their own business, mistakes like this would not occur as often. But until I hear all the evidence in the court of law, I withhold judgement.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams

Last edited by Geist; 2012-04-20 at 03:14 PM.