PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Vehicle refunds
Thread: Vehicle refunds
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Vehicle refunds

Originally Posted by Erendil View Post
In addition, I fear offering refunds will make people more reluctant to leave their vehicle in the first place once the fight moves inside the base, much like what happened with BFR's while they still had the huge timer (45 minutes IIRC). People won't want to leave their vehicle unattended for fear of it getting destroyed and the potential for refund getting lost so instead they'll just sit outside in their cozy vehicles and spam instead of getting out and actually taking the base.
That is a very fair point, but I think its an argument for giving a refund anywhere at all, instead of an argument for giving no refunds.

1. No refunds: Vehicle upgrades cost money. You do not want to ditch the tank to go indoors, since your vehicle may very well die if left unattended(especially if they put in vehicle hacking).
2. Refunds back at base. You do not want to ditch the tank to go indoors, but if the fight looks to be long enough, you may well decide to go back to base and refund it, then join the fight.
3. Refunds anywhere. There is no reason for me not to bail on the tank and go fight inside.

Now, maybe #1 is what they actually want, and they want an incentive for people to stick with their chosen role for a while. But its definitely not an incentive to get out of the tank and go fight inside.