PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 is a major disappointment
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
yonman
Corporal

Re: Planetside 2 is a major disappointment

There's one more thing that should be considered about the PS1-PS2 gap (part of what Malorn dubbed "Player customization".

PS1 allowed a player to immediately gain access to anything he wanted. Want HA at BR6? no problem. You gave up everything else in the game but you had your Lasher/Hammer/Minigun ready to blast away.
Mossie? No problem. Advanced medic? go ahead.

You could, reasonably, get anything you wanted and be anything you wanted at the click of a few certs. Granted you'd be specialized at low BRs but tbh, that's the point I enjoyed PS1 the most.

In PS2 you grind for anything which isn't the default load out. tbh2 - I'm fine with it as it is. I personally think the default weapons for the classes I play are more than enough. Variety would be cool but I was never one to dash after the unlocks in any game.

However, I can hear my outfit mates groaning on TS - "Ye guhds, 12K to get a new gun for the liberator?!". I know that being a support player it'll take me around a month to make that much. Others are not as inept as I am at the shooty-shoot ... but still. I think PS1 vets are unused to grinding. Most of us have not had to grind since we got our BR20CR5 toons 8 years ago. That's a hard thing to let go of.

Last edited by yonman; 2012-10-17 at 11:05 AM.