PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is Planetside 2 being released too soon?
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
AThreatToYou
Major

Re: Is Planetside 2 being released too soon?

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Players have already formed opinions and I know many players who want to be able to use SC and not have character wipes. That is effectively what release means for this game. I think those two things will bring back many players. Aside from the occasional hiccup the game has been quite smooth for a long time.

March would be too late IMO as by then there would be many fatigued players who want to not unlock the same certs and just pay money for the guns. The release date seems good as it is right before holidays when gamers typically have a lot more free time. If it didnt launch then we'd see a player drop during this time. Instead I think we'll see a big increase.

There are a few critical things to fix that I believe can be done by 11/20. The rest...is after. Continents take time and will be ongoing (keynote confirmed 3 more). Balance will be ongoing forever. If they waited til it was perfect it would never ship.

So the real question I would ask is - what do you think is ship critical that you fear wont be ready by 11/20?

Heavy Assault weaponry.

We have no Striker, no Lancer, no Phoenix, and these JHs, Lashers, and MCGs are a motherfukkin' joke.