PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
As for the BFRs, I think you are in the minority on your opinion of BFRs. I see your point of view, but for the vast majority of Planetside players, BFR is a 4 letter word. If today, Higby announced that BFRs are back for PS2, you know you'd see a revolt. Just because you are in the minority doesn't make your opinion wrong at all, it just means you're not going to get much support.
nah the revolt would be tiny. I made the poll public so I could verify that it is indeed just veteran players that went through the BFR fiasco that don't like it. They're stuck in the mindset of BFR as the only implementation of a mech pretty much. Can't blame them though.

Originally Posted by Snow View Post
What you're saying is that mechs should be single manned, be able to equip any variety of AA, AT or AP weaponry and be smaller so that they're less of a target?
How could that not result in being completely over powered?

I don't see how any form of mech or walker could be integrated without causing major balancing issues or making other vehicles redundant.
They'd be fairly weakly armored and get destroyed by other vehicles which makes them balanced. What changes do you see? Limiting the guns to machine guns and just keeping AV rockets with no other upgrades so it would be an identical ground version of the Reaver?

I'd actually like that. It could be a nice common pool type vehicle in that respect like the lightning. Or a replacement for the lightning since the game already has tanks.