PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-21, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

Originally Posted by Huma View Post
Yeah true but that's way after BFRs. We're talking about those here
That wasn't the original point of this thread. The original point was a small balanced agile vehicle to fight along-side tanks and infantry. When people associate BFR with the mech idea I proposed it conjures up ideas of a super mech and not the one I described.

Originally Posted by EASyEightyEight View Post
Mechs could have their place later in the game's life without feeling shoehorned in. Right now all a mech would serve to do is to be a walking tank. Planetside 2 doesn't need 2 different medium tanks.
It's not a medium tank. Their weapons and roles would be very different. The lightning has speed in a linear direction and a fast firing cannon the mech I proposed would be more of a medium range attacker that would be pushed back by say a tank shooting from afar. (My other thread explains how I'd prefer tanks function).

Originally Posted by Thumpa View Post
I threw together a quick sketch of how a multi-man mech would operate.
That's exactly what I imagine. A lot of useless roles. I'm glad someone else see what I mean. (To be fair I go a bit further. I linked to my other thread which removes that monotony of multi-manned vehicles and replaces it with action for all participants).