PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-05, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #210
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Power progression that requires choices, as in you must choose which among a set of bonuses is active, is not bad and can work just fine.

Power progression that is always-on and based on time is just dumb and pointless.
I don't see how that is different than how they describe skill progression? You want to drive tanks, you put your skill points into that while somebody else who likes reavers will put their skill points in that. Now, my Reaver skills are always on, but they only matter when I'm actually in a Reaver.

From what I've heard, it doesn't sound like they are going to give us a million skill points in the first couple weeks so we can max out everything. We are going to have to make decisions on where to put our limited skill points in a vast skill system. You want to be a jack of all trades? Well you can spread the skill points around, but you can't go very deep. If you want to specialize in something, you can go deep, but be gimped in other aspects of the game.

Even though the skills are always on, you still have to make choices.

Last edited by Raymac; 2011-08-05 at 12:17 AM.