PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - My father got hit by a car
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-11, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

My father got hit by a car

My 66-year old father got hit by a car today when crossing the street at a crosswalk. Luckily, it's something he'll be able to fully recover from.

He has broken ribs, a broken knee, a large swollen gash on his head, as well as bruises all over his hands and body. A small blood vessel also popped in his brain which caused complete memory loss for a short period of time after the accident. Thankfully, his memory returned in the emergency room, and the doctors say that the blood vessel that burst likely won't cause any lasting damage because it was so small.

As for the guy who hit him, I don't know much about it. My dad remembers nothing of being hit. I was so furious about it, that when I first heard about dad being hit, I wanted to strangle the guy who did it. But according to my dad's friends he was with, the guy who hit my dad was a silver haired older gentleman, was one of the first to call the ambulance and actually rode to the hospital in the ambulance with my dad, and was apparently very upset and remorseful. He at least took full responsibility for his actions and has apparently cooperated with the police to the best of his ability. Supposedly the street was very busy with construction, there was sun glare involved, and there wasn't a clear view of the side of the street when my dad started into the crosswalk.

This doesn't stop me being angry, but it makes it hard to decide what I feel. If it had just been some teenage punk or drunk or someone who had tried to flee, I could just focus on being angry. It would be easier that way.

As for my dad, he's an amazing man. As he lay on the hospital bed with his broken bones and dried blood stuck all over his head and hands, he asked me to forgive the guy who hit him. Due to his memory loss he had absolutely no memory of the accident or the man who hit him, and I didn't hear from my dad's friends about the driver until much later. Despite this, my dad was asking me not to be angry. He asked me instead to be thankful that he was still in one piece and not to worry too much, since his injuries will heal. He won't take legal action against the guy who hit him. He said that life sometimes has bumps in the road, and that sometimes you just need to deal with them and keep on going.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share with you guys. This whole thing has really got me thinking about shit I take for granted... like my parents. I know some of you are still teenagers and rebellious and hating on the parents and crap, but seriously, remember how much they've been through raising you, and to appreciate what they've done.

Oh, and for fucks sake people... be careful crossing the street.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!