PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - FOOTBALL!
Thread: FOOTBALL!
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-19, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Re: FOOTBALL!

Here is something I don't like.

You see all these people villifying Shotty for his performance in the playoffs; that he's a choke job and that he can get it done in the regular season, but when it comes to crunch time he sucks.

Now everyone is praising the Patriots for the job they did against the Bolts. How the Pats just find a way to win. Now, given that the Chargers had the best record in the AFC and thus had the Pats at home, a road victory in the playoffs is a hard fought win. I'm not taking anything away from the Pats. I'm just saying that it isn't right for the 'experts' to praise the Pats because of Martyball. And I don't think it was Martyball. Dropped passes, inexcuseable penalties, etc. That's what did in the Chargers. Playoff experience helped the Pats. Not Marty's lack of preparation.

As for this weekends games; here are my predictions.

Saints beat the Bears 31-24. Rex Grossman gets sacked 3 times, intercepted twice.

Colts beat the Pats 24-21 on a last second field goal, thus digging the dagger deeper into the Pats for letting Adam go.

Super Bowl will be a classic. Great offense vs great Defense. It's going to be a blow out though. Peyton gets his ring 31-14.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread