PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Ideas on base flow and making base FIGHTS, not base WAITS.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-23, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
omega four
Staff Sergeant

Re: Ideas on base flow and making base FIGHTS, not base WAITS.

I think the whole base-capture mechanic with waiting period is flawed to begin with. While I can understand why SOE used it (to provide the defenders a chance to counterattack), the actuality is that defenders are incapable of counterattacking at that point for a number of reasons (insufficient defenders at that base, low population levels for the continent, etc.). As a result, a boring wait ensues where the attackers pound the spawn area in which defenders huddle until they're thrown out by pain fields.

SOE should implement a mechanic where control of the base reverts quickly to the attackers as soon as they capture all the points. Of course, the number of control points needs to be increased from its 3 or 4 points to 6 to 8 points. This will lead to quick, intense firefights over the control of points as both sides come close to controlling all the points.

Otherwise, we will be left with the current state of a boring interminable wait to capture the base, during which time many gamers (including myself) go to get something to eat or visit the bathroom....