PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Empire Specific Additions
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-01, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
BDMJ
First Sergeant

I agree that the sunderer needs a replacement, but I don't think it should be empire specific.

Heavy APC:

weapons: 2 150mm cannons (120 degree horizontal traverse 75 degree vertical traverse both at the front of the vehicle)
1 25mm machinegun (mounted on top, for AA purposes)
Top speed (55 kph)
Accel: (40 kph/second)
propulsion: tracked
turning speed: (20 degrees per second)
armor: 7500
carrying capacity: 3 maxes 8 infantry 1 driver

This vehicle would have the most direct forward firepower in the game, and the most armor to back it up. The tradeoff would be complete vulnerability at the rear and near complete on the sides (the two cannons would have a lot of overlap on their fields of fire). The slow turning speed would emphasize this. All infantry and max units would load in the back. It would be very nearly square rather than rectangular, and would have a very high profile. The quick acceleration is to emphasize its role as the first unit in an assault, breaking the enemy defenses then laying down covering fire for its troop load. In order to be effective, it has to have support, but when given the proper cover, it would be devestating. It is meant as an assault unit and troop transport, not an all purpose offensive vehicle.

Last edited by BDMJ; 2004-03-01 at 06:03 PM.