PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Squad Remote Artillery Vehicles
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-12, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Scow2
Private

Re: Squad Remote Artillery Vehicles

I wouldn't mind some sort of automated Flail+Laze-type thing that requires a Command Cert to use, like a poor-man's Orbital Strike. Something that can be used to break hard targets such as structures, or as moderately-large AOE attack that can scatter infantry: Too small an AOE to kill loose formations, too much travel time to kill single infantry or moving vehicles, and too much time to wait for the projectile to land to bother with killing idiots.

However, instead of giving it a short-ranged lazer-thing, it needs to be able to paint a target anywhere you have line-of-effect... possibly with a bright blue red or green line extending from the point-of-impact to the general direction of the Lazer-pointing guy, with a corresponding bright dot at it's muzzle. I figure it would be too much hassle to set up and manage (gotta set up the Artillery somewhere "safe", ensure it's facing the right direction, and has line-of-effect to the target), to be spammable, but it could serve a role in giving somewhat-reliable Area and Camper Denial (Aiming it at chokepoints in the terrain, breaking "bunkers", breaking deep-set turrets, or giving certain Tanks incentive to stop camping and keep moving.

It would be highly situational, with enough drawbacks to keep it balanced (In theory), and enough firepower to keep it viable. The lazer lights up the Artillery spotter, making it possible to disable at that point, and if that fails, Airstrike the gun itself.