PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Making this work
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-08, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Making this work

Originally Posted by SavageB View Post
It had nothing to do with it's downfall at all. First off, planetside unforuntately was released ahead of it's time, secondly some game mechanics were implemented in correctly AKA BFR. The community wanted something like a "heavy" tank, SOE just went about it in the wrong way. Also, cheating became a huge problem after a while, but in all honesty I think it's real problem even before the game came out was the lack of marketing for the game. I did not even know about it until a associate of mine said hes trying out this 7 day trial to this newish game called Planetside. I was a hardcore FPS player for years and never onec heard about that game until he mentioned it to me, which I found very strange.
I've knew about this game from PCG, but I couldn't afford it until the price was adapted to Russian market. That only happened in 2006.

Also, you know, I didn't return to ps until I got 45 days thingy. I mean I wasn't willing to pay to return to a game I bought and wasted around 190$ to keep playing it. And that is all considering that PS key costs 5 bucks in Russia. Now if you multiply it by 3 you get 570 bucks for a mere European.

Originally Posted by Huma View Post
No fast xp,
Fast XP does not ruin the game unless leveling takes half a year, wanker mode on...

Last edited by NewSith; 2011-08-08 at 06:16 PM.