PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-25, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Re: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread

About camera angles and positioning:

I felt, and I'm sure TRG felt at some points, that some of the "greatest" moments in the match weren't shown simply due to our outfits moving fast and in various ways without the cameras knowing. I remember at one point GOTR made a really clutch drop to seize [A] during Round 1, and it was an epic moment for us that ended up not being shown, referenced simply as "Oh, GOTR has now taken Point [A]".

During our FNO, Maggie and I shared the same frustration. She would see something happening a few seconds too late and rush over only to catch the very end of the action, so we developed a system where anytime we thought something meaningful or intense might occur, I'd send a /tell to her and she could position beforehand. Regardless of what happened after that, the footage would show sort of what "we wanted it to show", win or lose. If we won the engagement, it would be something GOTR clearly wanted shown, and if we lost, inversely, I'm sure TRG would like to see that specific clip. So even if a glorious MAX rush that we had set up to be an epic victory ended up with us getting wiped, the show still gets fantastic footage.

So my suggestion is to allow the ops leads to send a quick /tell or a voice notification to their assigned cameraperson to let them know "Hey, we're about to drop on [A]" or "Hey, come follow us out of the Spawn Room, we're MAX crashing" so that when there is something one outfit or another wants to show, it will be shown.

Last edited by robocpf1; 2013-08-25 at 11:34 PM.