PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tactics
Thread: Tactics
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-26, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
12tontuna
Corporal

Flank in a tower. I dare you.

What I can't stand is that most aren't happy to pin a force INSIDE a tower, they want to cap it.

In some large scale battles, pinning the enemy inside of or close to a tower is often EVERY bit as effective. It takes less men and only a few vehicles to cover 2 doors. Snipers are also invaluble here.

I don't see enough persons actually AWARE of the weapons the people near them are using. In a tower cap against TR, aren't you frustrated by Pounders? The other 2 empires have them too. They are called Thumpers. Why aren't they used? The NC is too busy trying to rush at something to Jackhammer it to death, and the VS are too worried about the grief involved in using them.

Befriend a spec assault user. Cover him. Watch him scare the shit out of stuff.

Another thing I've noticed is that too few persons watch the skies. There are no Skygaurd lines out on the edges of the SOI on base hacks to defend against the inevitable Reaver incursions. Persons with AV capabilities are too worried about ground troops and maxes to watch the skies. Air superiority is just that. With it, you can advance/defend or do just about anything you want.

Engineers. I know the boomers/spitfires/mines are pretty. But USE THE DAMN MOTION DETECTORS. I absolutely LOVE seeing where all the enemy are in the vicinity. Overlap the coverage, hide them, do whatever you have to. Remember, information is power. If you know where they are, you can kill them.

One last thing. If your squad can't fill the Sunderer/Gal/Deliverer/whatever than PLEASE GOD give people a ride. Try not to think of the piddling xp they could get killing something with the vehicles weapons. You are all on the same team.

/rant off.