PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Meaningful Customization & Balance via Tradeoff Decisions
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-02, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Meaningful Customization & Balance via Tradeoff Decisions

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
That is the person who is primarily a pilot with Pilot specializations will likely be running with those all the time, which will set that person apart from the guy who just happens to hop into a pilot class and fly around for a little bit. This is important to preserve specialization.
Why?

At any rate, they already said that the certs unlock upgrades(though I don't know if all certs have a corresponding upgrade), and that they are purchased with resources. Presumably you won't be able to fit all upgrades at the same time, so there will be tradeoffs. Except sights.. Those better be a straight up free upgrade. I hate iron sights.

If some do just give a straight up bonus to your character, I have zero issue with the bonus applying all the time. I do not feel that I need to have an advantage over them at the same role at any time. If we could have a game with zero leveling, that would be great, but we don't, so it is what it is. If they have the certs, I'm happy to fight them with those certs.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2011-08-02 at 01:06 PM.