PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New Outfits Are Pointless
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Jeepo
Corporal

Re: New Outfits Are Pointless

Just catching up on this. I don't know, maybe in the grand scheme they will be useless. However let me tell you of my own current position and why I want to be involved in making an outfit.

I have played online games for many years, starting way back with the original Operation Flashpoint. I spent many MANY years playing the Project Reality mod for BF2, in fact I still play it. That game promoted the best teamwork I have ever enjoyed online. I never sadly got into PS1, but PS2 is exciting me due to the levels of teamwork it promotes and the command features.

Through my love of PR I found the community I am affiliated with, http://www.tacticalgamer.com/content/ and I joined a squad internally. To give you some perspective on the TG community, there are over 25,000 members on the forums, and a huge number of games promoted. A lot of our members are testers and devs for games and mods, however not many of us played the original PS1 and while there are faction loyalties there are not outfit loyalties. So, interest is growing on the site, and factions are being decided. So naturally our next step would be to get an outfit. This game will be around for a long time, so even if an outfit only starts out with 15 people, it will be a great investment in our time and our community. There are relationships founded there over the last decade, players and friends who I want to game with in PS2, players that are tactically excellent and know my moves. And yes, hopefully new players who come in and like how we roll.

So I guess I see outfits as the perfect opportunity to continue those relationships, and a great chance to meet new people and communities, and found new gaming relationships with them. We are looking to probably make 3 outfits, definitely a TR and NC one, no one likes the VS so maybe we will pass on them!

It can only be a good thing if people try out their own outfits. If the outfit fails but they embrace the point of the outfit then they will join another and the best will survive. Either way I want to try and contribute to PS2 by trying to make a successful outfit.

Just my opinion of course, I am not TR so won't be ramming it down anyones throat!

Last edited by Jeepo; 2012-07-07 at 02:56 PM.