PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 1 empire per account and F2P
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: 1 empire per account and F2P

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
I don't think that newbies will feel slighted by having to choose from the beginning, [...]

[...]

Also... i'm not sure what empire i will eventually play, although this is mainly due to my RL friends being evenly split between the three. I'm definitely going to create (at least) 3 accounts so that i can occasionally play with the PS outfits on all three empires that i have in the past.
This is definitely why I feel strongly for allowing membership to have 3 accounts under the same name. One of my friends in RL already said he's play TR with another playing VS. We plan to play on the same server so we can both play with and against each other. For convenience it would be nice if the game supported that kind of stuff from the beginning. PS1 was kind of bad at that especially when the timers interfered with being able to play together.

Originally Posted by NEWSKIS View Post
Another concern I'd have is with the resource system tied to holding territory, whats to keep people from switching to the empire with the most territory to farm resources?
Regarding promoting empire loyalty I think this resource idea would go a far way to do that as it would encourage someone to stay playing for a few minutes negating the need for empire lock timers. (Though you could still have them). It's one of the things I was thinking of while designing it to encourage prolonged activity on an account.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-03-25 at 11:07 PM.