PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-22, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
DES Mono
Private

Re: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread

I'll keep it straight to the point because I don't feel like typing all that back up. Sorry if is sounds dry without compassion or crap like that...too tired now!

Commentary: Try covering specific roles and taking turns. Color and Technical, classic tested combo, everyone does it for a reason. Keep it simple and stupid, great basic to learn is to commentate like you are on the radio, or a podcast (hur), meaning explain the little things step by step. "And TRG is storming point C with 7 guys through the West side. They clear the room with their 3 Max support combo!" You guys are getting better, keep it up.

Viewership: On screen clock/countdown timer, small team score ticker, Video feeds labeled with what team they will be focused on, blow up of mini-map. Out of your hands point: I agreed with Dreadnought in stream, observer came with "x-ray" vision/god mod clipping view/etc. would be great. Camera operators could try pressing alt and using the pointer to point out keep points for commentary to focus on or to expand and enhance.

Full rule set needs to be explained at the beginning of the cast with specifics reiterated through out. I thought an info-graphic would help this out and am working on them now.

Gameplay: Needs to be shorter. Maybe three "halfs." I would say aim for a hour and a half program, with minor delays.

Programming: While the gameplay may need shortening, it is okay to add in more commentary and more pre and post match analysis. Break down the chosen base, do a observer game walkthough, point out cap points, choke points, spawn rooms, terminals, and key strategic spots: like a ridge overlooking the base, a back door, etc.

Ambitious idea: most teams have one streamer. Have those streamers start and stop their stream at each round. Keep tabs on the point of time during the match that a key shift happens. Visit those players stream archives and see what it was like to be in the action at that point of time. It's as close as we are going to get to a first person camera with out going to their stream directly, which is a constant heavy bandwidth burden.

Semi off topic. +1 for Kidriot's match breakdown. +1 to community effort. +1 to this community. Love you guys. Total homo.

Good night,
-Jeremy
Edit: Phew! Almost lost that one too. Would have had a heart attack. So tired. Yay sleep.