PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Godlike Computer Help
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-07, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Cyanide
Major

Realy 64bit is a non issue becuse WinXP64 may not be out till early next year and by then Intel will be shiping its 64bit enabled CPU's (presscot core acctualy have it on chip just dissabled BTW, and it the same instructions as a64) longhorn is not a 64 bit system either it will be both. and that not out till late 2k5 to 2k6. The only system that support A64bit instruktions are linux, but i haven't heard anything about 64bit edditoons of games for linu
Nobody is going to buy WinXP64. Any 64 bit chip out there has no problem handling 32 bit windows XP. Besides, who knows how long he'll have that chip. Lots of people don't upgrade their processor more than once every 3 - 4 years. Anyway, I know Long horn isn't exclusively 64bit, but it is 64bit, it just also has 32bit support as well.

It still stands that the performance difference between an Athlon64 and a P4 EE is barely noticable for the most part and definately isn't worth paying more for what is in actuality a more primative technology.