PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - My Sniper/AWP Thread =D
View Single Post
Old 2003-01-18, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

... a good awper is both feared and respected for his skill (yes, skill)...
No, he's feared for his weapon. Any monkey can point and shoot and kill someone if it nicks their toe. AWP users, which you obviously are, like to glorify themselves and preach their skill, but they're really not skilled at all. "A good AWP'er can shorten the reload time to .5 seconds", you said. Oh, a good one? Wow, there I was thinking that it was actually "anyone who knows where the Last Weapon key is bound to on their keyboard". Silly me. I guess I'm not l33t enough to understand the tremendously difficult weapon like the AWP.

The AWP, by the way, is the Sniper Syndrome epitomized. These l33t wannabes covet the most powerful weapon in the game, which is of course a sniper rifle, proclaim that the weapon is totally balanced, and then retort with "Well you're just not a skilled player -- you should have been able to predict where my bullet was going to go and moved out of the way while instantly knowing where I was shooting from and getting me with a headshot!" evertime someone says that they're cheap for using such a horridly overpowered weapon. It's the reason there'll always be a sniper debate as long as sniper weapons are overpowered like the AWP. These people are just so busy jerking off their ego with these guns that they are totally convinced can only be used by the absolute best players in the game. And it's actually the infatuation that the above poster and those like him have with the weapon that prevents it from being removed from the game. It'd be like EverQuest all of a sudden switching from a PvE oriented game to a PvP one. Once people get their ego-trip I.V., they don't want it removed.