PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant

Re: Cockpit View - should it be forced? More options.

You might find it silly but I find having a cockpit makes it easier to judge distances and speed then just your bog standard flying camera. That and when your talking about aircraft speeds and maneuvering characteristics the extra field of view from the lack of a cockpit will give you maybe an extra second worth of visibility, not really worth it at all. I mean if someones going to go shooting past you, don't need to to have that extra space to know they are going to end up behind you if you don't start turning. As for blind spots, just lower the nose every once in a while it's a very very tiny blind spot and would take some very precise flying to stay in so chances are you really wouldn't have to worry about it.

I would absolutely love to have some sort of free look function in a cockpit though. Free look is much more important for visibility then a toggle-able cockpit. The first thing they teach you when flying an actual plane is to maintain a good look-out for other aircraft and there is no reason this shouldn't apply here either.

Last edited by lolroflroflcake; 2012-04-16 at 02:33 PM.