PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Best Joysticks for Planetside 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zekeen
Major

The Best Joysticks for Planetside 2

Recently, I've been blown away by the new air combat of PS2. The turns they make... so incredible.... and so, I look at my joystick.

My joystick was bought back in the day to play Earthsiege. For those who don't quit get how old that is.... Earthsiege (1994) predates the game series Tribes (1998). You see, Tribes is a post-apocalyptic game really, based in the Earthsiege universe, a games of giant mecha and evil robots. Ever seen giant mechwarrior mechs in a Tribes game? No? That's how old my joystick is. It no longer works for many games.

A lot of players, like me, don't have a good joystick, or have one at all, or just need a better one to optimize air combat in Planetside 2. And so I have started this thread to gather the information to buy the best, economical joystick and spread the knowledge to others, so that when beta comes around, we're all ready!

So here is some questions I need filled, help me gather this information!

Give some suggestions on Joysticks you've heard are exceptional

Give some personal suggestions on what you use and how good it is.

Give some cheap alternative joysticks, and how good they are.

What is the very tip-top of the line far as Joysticks go?

Find out what the DEVS use!!! I really wanna know what joysticks the PS2 team are using. Without a doubt, any they use will become popular, since it's already used in game to produce such excellent videos!

Now, along with saying how good they are, please explain what special features they have, number of triggers, buttons, additional axis controls, ect. I want to get as much info for new joystick purchasers as possible. Also, less looked at info, such as the sticky pads at the bottom or any other way the joystick can be anchored, to ensure it won't just pop up into your face. Ease of positioning and removing the joystick from that position would also be good, since I doubt a joystick is as useful for infantry as it is with aircraft.

I am hoping to present good outsider reviews and links to each joystick.