PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Best Joysticks for Planetside 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: The Best Joysticks for Planetside 2

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
I hope you're TR or VS, so I can gun you down easier than your friends.

PS2 has 360 degree flight now. PS1 had a much easier style of flying. The problem with a mouse is you can't spin very easily, so in a dogfight, you're dead.

Even in PS1, I had a MUCH easier time with a joystick. It just gives you full control without the need to lift it up and put it back down to move it again. With so many things that can go wrong, a joystick allows you steer out of the way of so many hazardous obstacles in a fight and gives you a much more agile flight than with mouse and keyboard.

I've been using a mouse and keyboard for years, but I want every boost I can get with PS2, I'm too crazy about it to just play as is.
What'chu talkin' bout' Willis? 360 degree flight with a mouse is a piece of cake, and spinning is easy as shit. I don't even know how you managed to use a joystick in PS1... the way aircraft controlled in general would mean it felt like flying a turd with jets. Mice are much, much better at fine tuned movements and are better with accuracy than joysticks.

Joysticks, granted, have better maneuverability in the axes compared to mice, but it's not big enough of a difference to matter anywhere outside of a flight simulator. However, once you try to start shooting accurately, good fucking luck.

I mean, I know everyone is comfortable with different things, but don't be so hasty to judge keyboard/mouse users.