PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A group of Swedes LFO - TR | EU
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BillyBob
Corporal

Re: A group of Swedes LFO - TR | EU

Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
There will be regional server to choose from, however the actual servers will be based in the US, so on that note why note play on a US server because your ping will be the same no matter what.
From your comment it sounds as if the EU servers would be physically located in the US, which is clearly not the case according to the ProSiebenSat.1 FAQ:
SOE is currently exploring locations in Europe that will provide secure, fast, and reliable server availability. We will provide more information as it is available, but we can confirm that the servers will be located in Europe.
Consequently, there will be a purpose for players in the EU to join EU Outfits, at the very least for those who wish to get the most out of the game in terms of performance (latency etc).

Needless to say, there would be little to no point of having servers being designated as EU ones unless they were actually located there as well.

Anyway, just wanted to point out for clarity that based on the official information we currently have, EU servers will be located in the EU...not the US.

As someone living in EU myself, I would certainly accept nothing less than being able to play on a server physically located in the EU. PS2 being an FPS and PvP focused game, latency is particularly crucial as poor ping can more or less ruin the gameplay experience by giving you a significant disadvantage.

/BB

Last edited by BillyBob; 2012-06-20 at 09:30 PM.