PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Resources And Vehicle Timers for Upgrade Balance
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-13, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Resources And Vehicle Timers for Upgrade Balance

Ya I was actually thinking more on the stock vehicle costs and agree with you even. As long as they are some common easily renewable resource, stock costs aren't bad, and they do make people think twice about spamming a vehicle. I still worry about the rich-get-richer problem, but that's a problem they will always have with resources and it's a hard problem to solve.

The moment you introduce something that can affect success and also make it a reward for achieving success, things become problematic.

But you can always make resource gain have diminishing returns beyond a certain point to keep it from getting ridiculous, and if an empire has extremely low resources, well some handouts are probably in order.

It's really just the extreme cases that need to be careful about. Making sure you don't have a snowball effect and making sure you can't completely shut down another empire.