PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Square Continents........
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-29, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Re: Square Continents........

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
Why not just call the continents desert square1, snow square1. Just seems off to give these blocks names from ps1. Kinda like peeing on someones grave.
Why not add shapes around these unimaginative play areas to make them feel more organic, and at same time taking the out of bounds nonsense back a few km in process.
Even a rough hexagon shape would fit with the territory idea. I thought Indar was just a rough plain old basic thing , but now it appears its actually intentional to be square everywhere.
I just dont follow the logic of square being more efficient, if you look at Esamir, the SE of that map will be like the mountain area of cyssor. You might go there once to have a look, but beyond that its dead space.
But hey, if you short on imaginative people, theres a primary school just opposite my house ,probably 60-100 five to 11 yr olds that would come up with some crazy new ideas for you to work on for continent shapes.
For the record T-Ray, this is not me.

I've already expressed my disappointment in the overall lack of innovation in the world design in PS2. Though I will say that square "maps" does take the top prize for absence of imagination in general game design.