PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SOE Vision - in general.
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-25, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
teratravp
Corporal

"If this is a shock to you, any of you reading it, then you haven't experienced first hand the corporate world. Its more ruthless than a game of PS or a bully in the school yard.
This hs been the way for any game you have or will play, all I can suggest is enjoy the read, and either :
1. don't let it get to you and keep on playing the games you love.
or
2. If it annoys you soo much, then get out there create your own game and community and experience it first hand..."

Hey, just because that's the way it is doesn't mean it isn't shocking to me. People get murdered/raped/what have you everyday that doesn't make it less shocking to hear their story. This is a far different issue, far, far different... but if it's something I don't like at all then hey, yes, I'm going to be shocked.

I mean, mainly I work all day in an environment of this exact corporatism of the worst most twistedly PR out the wazoo even with your own employees type, and I work all day and have to follow the rules... so how is PS fun if not only is it about extreme rules and penalities, but also full of this dehumanizing hucksterism... In my entertainment - and this is a personal decision - I try to go for the original stuff, the honest stuff, not the manufactured garbage that runneth over the world in the first place. I want an escape from the thought control and the pretense and the assholes conniving behind your back to screw you out of every penny... and PS seems to be wedded to all of that. It has some good in it but that is greatly overshadowed by the bullcrap involved, and c'mon that's not going to change. I mean hey a woman can marry a man who beats her thinking he'll change... but is that a good decision?