PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Best / Worst - Rate Weapons and Vehicles
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-08, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Kouza
Sergeant

Re: Best / Worst - Rate Weapons and Vehicles

Originally Posted by Leet View Post
HA
1. Jackhammer - Derp
2. MCG - Versatility
3. Lasher - Still needs slight tweaking but can do alright if used as a JH.

Rifle
1. Pulsar - Great weapon after the buff.
2. Gauss - Has been a great weapon for a while. First place is interchangeable between the Pulsar and Gauss.
3. Cycler - Is inferior to the Gauss and Pulsar in every way. Terrible weapon.

AV
1. Lancer - Solid
2. Phoneix - Versatile
3. Striker - Just bad.

AI Max
1. Scat - A jackhammer with range customization welded onto a Max unit, need I say more?
2. Quasar - Jumpjets can make it good if you can get a good vertical 'warp' going.
3. DC - It's a beast with the overdrive. Incapable of killing otherwise :P

AV Max
1. Comet - Good damage + jumpjets make it a beast
2. Pounder - Tempted to put Falcon above it but its overdrive help a lot. Without them it's pretty situational and vulnerable.
3. Falcon - Can't quite dish out insane amounts of damage like a Pounder can versus vehicles. Still solid overall.

This is close between two and three however, it must be noted that the arc makes the pounder a hard outdoor AV max (When has any one used a pounder outside? :P, and that if a OPFOR AI max puts him self AGAINST the TR max when the duel begins the TR max will kill its self before he kills the OPFOR. (As long as the opfor actually shoots him a couple times)

AA Max
1. Starfire - Easily the best against aircraft. Its jumpjets make it the king of AA Max's. If you use trees and other things to stand on, you're nearly impossible to kill 1v1 unless you're mentally handicapped.
2. Burster - Situational, but if you find a good spot you can absolutely decimate aircraft. Capacitors add an extra umph if you can't lockdown.
3. Sparrow - Pretty bad compared to the other AA Max's. I think the devs purposely made it junk to try and trick people into thinking they weren't biased towards NC

These are kind of back and forward I actually feel good balance here. Each is good in its own respect, Sparrow is weaker because it will chase you two fucking grid spaces.

Vehicles
1. Magrider - Direct LOS shooting; great AA capabilities due to that.
- Can also avoid bridge choke points
2. Vanguard - Hits hard, isn't fat, and doesn't require a third gunner.
3. Prowler - Sports all of the Vanguard's qualities, even the negative ones.

Prowler is best 1 v 1 However, it has no AA capability unless you put in a chaingun, which then creates the numbers issues ill put down below (10 tanks vs 15)

Vehicles
1.Thunderer - Beast
2. Aurora - Amazing at camping doors
3. Raider

Changed this for one reason, YES the Raider will win every time 1 v 1 with an Aurora but, something if being forgotten here. A platoon of Raiders = 6 Raiders... A platoon of Auroras= 10 Auroras

Vehicles
1. Maurader - Good overall, its chaingun helps it have some sort of AA.
2. Enforcer - Heavy damage
3. Thresher - Good, its slow projectile speed is its biggest disadvantage.
Same as above. A platoon of Enforcers of Threshers is 15 A platoon of Mauraders... 10
This one seemed closest to correct for me. Edited red to show what I changed.

Will also mention that though I play TR Main, this is from playing all Empires.

MAXES: TR maxes would be great if no one had special abilities but, VS maxes can jump to avoid Decis and NC maxes have a fucking shield to absorb an extra.

NC AA Max can flip on shield to counter a whole barrage of Reaver Rockets.

VS Max can jump to avoid reaver rockets.

TR Max is exceptionally good at taking reaver rockets like a bitch.

-----

Vehicles, I actually feel that on a 1 to 1 Basis TR vehicles are the BEST... However, the let down is that this Buff is underdone when you take the fact that 10 Prowlers, cannot defeat 15 Magriders, or Vannies, and 6 Raiders SURELY are not defeating 10 Auroras or Thunderers.

Last edited by Kouza; 2012-07-08 at 02:30 AM.