PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Adding "carrots" to PS:N
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-17, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
wildcat140679
Sergeant

Re: Adding "carrots" to PS:N

Planetside had a decent amount of carrots, but very little to actually show for of your achievements.

For instance, I focused very much on being a combat medic, all I had to show for was a badge made up out of a few colors, indicating I revived a certain amount of players. Those badges did nothing for me, nor did the help to show off to others, "Hey I'm a Combat Medic, you don't need to tap out"

It would have been much happier if could have received armor customizations and slap a red cross logo on the side of my shoulders and on my helmet.
I don't care that the enemy would be able to ID me and possibly consider me to be a more threatening target than the MAX units next to me.

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
I have the most fun when im at the cap and im not worried about gettin xp, i can focus on fun or doing the best thing tactically even if its crap for xp.
Getting to the max level is another so called carrot, a goal many players will try to achieve before they even focus on collecting those other carrots.

Collecting battle/command xp is an important part of the game and onces your reached your level cap, this stops.

Adding a point decay to the last few battle/command ranks would add an other challenge, you need to work for it if you want to keep hold of that carrot.