PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Priority targets - squad leader assigned.
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-15, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dagron
Captain

Re: Priority targets - squad leader assigned.

Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
At a certain command rank have the squad leader able to mark certain enemy characters. It could be (1) an aura, an arrow, they grow bigger as the squad see's them, whatever, something that makes it clear certain people should be targetted with prejudice. (2) It could be used to ensure particularly irritating opposition has a hard time.

Have some bonus associated with this target being either easier to track (appears on squads radar regardless of position unless in infil suit maybe?) or a small exp bonus/maybe have it give CR experience without being squad lead.
1 - Marking people in any way that makes aiming at them easier is bad, ask the people complaining about the current spotting system.

2 - You mean it would be used to ensure someone gets gangbanged... it would be used to grief. Newbs/casuals/weak players would all be screwed.
Plus, even for experienced players looking for a challenge, it's no fun when people just click a button and turn you into a target for a whole army... no matter how good you are, one man armies don't really exist, you'd be a pile of ash on the floor in a few seconds.

Sorry, i think i understand your reasons to want this, but the potential to ruin the experience for a lot of people is far too great imo.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-15 at 08:54 PM.