PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Heres a question. the TR MAX.
View Single Post
Old 2002-12-16, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Corbie
Private

Heres a question. the TR MAX.

Alright, we know that the TR max is capable of anchoring down and unloading lots of bullets at a high ROF.

my question is this, how is anchoring down supposed to help us if we are set up as an anti-vehicle or anti-aircraft MAX?

the whole point of the anchoring down is to do it in an enclosed area where you can force the enemy into a tight spot and lay into em. You have a reduced field of vision when anchored, and you, of course, cant move.

Well you arent likely to find many vehicles or aircraft in an enclosed area, so doesnt anchoring down become rather useless to someone who is anti-vehicle/aircraft?

now, before you say that it increases accuracy or some such and would be useful in any situation..look at it logically. You have a reduced field of vision, so you would only be able to target vehicles or aircraft which move into that field of vision..that isnt a very good idea now is it? also, if you anchor down in an open area..you essentially open yourself up for attacks from any number of directions...

The Vanu Jumpjets and increased mobility could be considered useful, no matter what payload that MAX is sporting..the same for the NC shields.. only the TR seems to have a special ability that would only be useful for anti-infantry.

so..my question(s).. Do the TR MAX have other abilities that would make them useful in multiple situations? or does the TR MAX rock so much that it doesnt need any "special powers" to own vehicles on the same level as the VS and NC MAXes? Or is the TR MAX considered much less versatile and only intended to excel as anti-infantry?