PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-20, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated

Originally Posted by Carbon Copied View Post
Regarding the continental lattice diagram and touching on the side issue of major faction population imbalances: are there mechanics in place/planned for any potential max player continent population lock problems? i.e x amount of people on one faction rendering the battle islands unwarpable due to them (possibly on purpose) pop lock?

Unlikely to happen I know but a possible problem.

Really like everything posted but just want to know if anything like that has been taken into account!
That's a good question. It could happen during the low pop hours and then when people start to log on again there's nowhere to go.

e.g. one empire is kicked from both of the other two home continents, they can then only find a fight on Hossin and two BI's while the excess population on 'their' home continent is idle (and perhaps logs off).

It would be nice to have devs comments on this scenario, perhaps it will never happen and the devs know this from the data.