PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: SOE announces Alpha Squad
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-11, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #152
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Re: SOE announces Alpha Squad

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
A few aspects of character design (unlikely to change I know)???
A few aspects of character design that struck me as soon as I saw the released screenshots of the different classes all those months ago. (Mainly Vanu)

That being said, some of my worries vanished seeing soldiers in 3D, moving around in the game.(Though as I said I think the animations are good but can improve) I also played as Vanu for the first time last night and the character models looked better than in those initial screenshots.

Ill post up some images and a proper post later to show you what I mean if you're interested, I'm on lunch at work right now.

Its obviously just my opinion on the matter but I'd like to think I have some artistic/design knowledge to back it up.

[EDIT] I'd also like to say that aside from my few concerns I'm not discrediting the modellers/animators at all, (if you haven't already got how I feel about this game from my positive feedback) but want to give constructive feedback rather than just shrug off my instinctive reactions to the designs. The art and modelling in this game is very well done.

Last edited by Jonny; 2012-09-12 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Typos