PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted]
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-13, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Re: Clans invited to play beta early!

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Here's some important feedback for them - this is a poor way to start this thing off. Relations with the fans is important, and I would have expected that if they weren't going to start with the rabid vets and fans that they would have at least given us a heads up and controlled the messaging. Instead we find out second-hand by piecing together the puzzle. They had to know it would get out and without greasing the skids the reaction is going to be rough.

A little heads up by Higby explaining to us what's happening would have gone a long way to keeping us calm and positive. In the absence of that it's only going to get worse. Something like "hey we started sending out invites, don't panic, here's the deal with that..."

Still not too late for that but I'm a bit disappointed we didn't hear it from him first.

Edit: Looks like they finally started giving us a clue so that's good start!
Yeah, I said the same.

While he's been quick off the mark with information once one of us cottoned on to these shenanigans, it really should have been pre-emptive. I'm sure it was done with good faith though.

EDIT: to make this clear, I state this in full knowledge that this is not beta. Developments like this that are, let us say, somewhat sensitive, should all at least have the developers giving us cryptic omens as to what is going on.

EDIT 2: Also, my gratitude to Timey. I'm sure your diligence will help curtail the least helpful comments.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.

Last edited by Khrusky; 2012-06-13 at 02:10 PM.